There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.
– Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever
Such is the love story of Tharany and Riaan! They met over the internet and the very first time they met, their hearts knew they were meant to be!
Tharany is bold, beautiful, a women of confidence, kindness and a great sense of humor. Riaan is a man of meekness, gentleness, knowledge and wisdom. Together they make the most adorable pair!
Their wedding at the quaint Café Båthuset by the glistening waters was a testimony of their love. Every minute detail was not only planned and hand picked by the couple. It was them who put it together – from the tables to the deco, EVERYTHING had their personal touch!
It wasn’t just that! Even the ceremony was short, sweet and overwhelming with so many happy emotions with love and family at its center!
Here are some of my favorite images from their wedding day –
(Scroll down for must-know wedding tips from the bride herself!)
It’s simply amazing when couples identify what matters the most on their big day – it’s them, friends and family who have/who will love and support them through time! The joy, the laughter and the happy tears from that evening remain unforgettable!
I would like you to read the bride’s word’s of wisdom she has shared in her own humorous way for to-be-married-couples –
To all those planning to tie the knot in the near future here are some advices from a new bride:
1. Make your ceremony as personal as possible, wedding planners are there at your disposal but you and your partner are the ones who have to dictate the day.
2. Don’t stress on making everything perfect only on reel things are picture perfect.
3. If you are planning a marriage on budget ask your friends and family to help you out. That’s what friends and family are for.
4. Don’t give strict and crazy dress codes for your friends. You wedding will not fall apart if one of your friend decides to wear jeans at your wedding ( just hide their pants when you take a pic 😉)
5. Don’t go overboard with the booze… Stick to beers and wine, you don’t even need to have booze( your friends are capable of getting through 6 hrs without booze when needed)
6. Don’t plan the schedule too much, do yourself a favor and wing it every now and then.
7. Make small thank you cards for your guests and wedding favors to take with ( this way you made sure you had thanked all your guests for their time and gifts most importantly they know you appreciate their presence)
8. Wait for your wedding photographer’s pictures to start stressing about how you looked on your big day, cause some candid pictures do not always do justice 🙊As a bride, it is okay to sit and cry the next day as how you looked ( but listen to your partner when they say you were beautiful because that is the most important opinion).
9. Don’t go for pretentious 3 course meals that costs an arm and a leg. Arrange for buffets where by your guests can get full.
10. Limit the dessert table. Nobody is going to eat macaroon, cake pops, etc. Your wedding cake and some fruits with coffee is more than satisfying.
Save money where possible, the wedding ceremony itself is not even a 24 hours bonanza, but the lives you will have with your significant other will last a lifetime. Use the money on yourselves. The guests will forget a lavish wedding but they will remember the love you show as a couple.
In my opinion you should not be stingy with 3 things-